Sunday, December 04, 2005

Holiday Circlefest at University Circle



Photos Courtesy of Juan Quirarte

Well, Circlefest was fun. Most people who told me they wanted to go with me did not, but at least my buddy Carol & I had fun anyhow. Her husband actually thought no one would be there! Wow! He does not know Clevelanders so well. Most parking lots were full and by the end of the day, there were tons of people lining the sidewalk out in the cold, deep, beautiful snow, just to watch the lantern procession. It was way cool. A nice man gave his lantern to Carol, which made her day. She will use it in her art class.
There was no way to get into the Botanical Garden-- the line was too long. We looked at the CIA student art sale as well as the main exhibit there. We also took in the Church of the Covenant mini-tour, the Thwing Center gingerbread man decorating (and eating), bought some earrings and then saw the exhibit at CMA of the Arts & Crafts movement. VERY nice, but I must admit I was reaching sensory overload before I finished that. We ran into Glen & Juan, who were so kind to give us a ride to our car.
Next year, I bring my niece and nephews...

1 comment:

John Ettorre said...

Dear Dinger,
I just noticed that you are linked to my Working With Words blog, for which I thank you kindly. I'll be reading you periodically from now on. Do please have a peaceful and joyous holiday...