Tuesday, December 27, 2005

This Year was Different

Even though so many things are still on my to-do list, things that have been on the list for years, there are some things that actually came out different. On the other hand, the reason things were different this year probably had more to do with circumstance and blessing, rather than anything I did.
- I worked outside (that is, I was employed outside) this spring, got to work in the sunshine and rain, with plants. If I could work outside most of the time it would be great.
- Life is really different now, since my dad left this world for the next one. I am not sure this has really come home to me yet, but I can tell you I sure miss talking to him and sitting at the breakfast table telling funny stories.
- I re-met two people this year. I met them and conversed with them for awhile before we realized we were classmates 30 years ago. It is so cool to see them today.
- I revamped my portfolio and resume a couple times, and actually feel much better about both.
- I made Christmas dinner. We had a party the day after that, too.
- I got out of town for a week.
- I had the best garden ever.
- My stepson is finally acting more his age (he had been acting much older than he is).
- I did more writing.
more when I think of it...

No comments: