Friday, March 03, 2006

Space

Today I started to move anything graphic-design and computer-related out of my studio/office. I am going to attempt to set up my Design studio at my mom's house instead of here at my own. There are just too many things to be distracted by at home. If it does not work this time, I can just can all that stuff.
Here at home I will just have my art and craft stuff at home. Once all that other stuff [pressure] is out of there [ah! a cleansing!] I will have more space to actually work on my artwork instead of moving things just to find a surface area.
I already gave a bunch of stuff away to an artist who still had her Christmas tree up in January-- not so unusual, except it was from the year previous... And she should have a baby any minute. In any case, she still makes more stuff than I have lately, so God bless her, the stuff and her new baby.
I have enough stock photos to paper my house, inside and out.
I gave away all the Fimo and Sculpy that has been sitting in a Tuppeware breadbox for at least 10 years now. Some round boxes I have had on hand for about 6 years now, intending to paint them. Birdhouses, beads, and I am not sure what else.
I think I have 4 Macs and a PC. I will consolidate them if I can figure out how.
And maybe we will take in our niece's 3 kids after she runs out of money. I hope I can make some too, so we don't all end up on the street.
Anyways, I am hopeful. After all, Spring is less than 3 weeks away. That means probably only 2 or 3 more big storms (which, honestly, I kind of miss) and then lots of rain and wind. Good time to be indoors making artwork in my new spaces.

No comments: