Friday, July 14, 2006

Mommy's Little Girl


Today I had to let go of my little Lady-Pooh. She had a horrible cancer in a really bad area on her body, hearing problems, cataracts, blood problems, blockages and there was nothing I could do about it. I am going to miss her so much. She was my little girl, my Pooh-Bear, my Fluff-Muffin, my Baby Girl. I also called her Princess, my Girl, Fluffy, Skinny Butt and Honey.
We got Lady Anastasia when we were picking up Gene's kids for the weekend. She was long-haired, matted, smelly and so loving. She immediately surprised us with how alert she was, how much she loved eating, how she could jump up into our bed and how she rolled around on her back and did her happy dance. Whoever "owned" her to begin with, ignored her and would not allow her to come indoors. When she discovered she was allowed to live inside, she was visibly grateful. When I decided to take her home, it was her big brown eyes that took me. I loved her so much, but more than anything, she loved me.
Where ever I was in the house, Lady was sure to be nearby. She came out to the garden with me, especially during tomato picking time. She loved tomatoes, beans, strawberries, and especially, oranges! I guess she was big on acidic fruits.
It is amazing to watch an animal be so grateful to you that she seems to exist for you. I spoiled her. I tried to make her life as easy, fun and happy as possible. I made sure she could always find me and had a cushion nearby.
Tonight, when we came home, it was hard to see the spots where I normally see her -- empty. I will miss her happy little face each day, the one that looked only for me (and something to eat). I love you, Lady Pooh and I will miss you so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Nancy. I know it sucks. Wish I could make it better. xoxo

Dinger said...

Thanks! She was really sick. I will miss those big brown eyes.