Sunday, April 23, 2017

Moving Right Along

I told Gene I drink my Pepsi like a whiskey drinker. I do, but with ice and a big glass. He laughed.
He cooked me a steak for dinner. I "rarely" (get it?) have red meat, but I wanted some tonight.
Lots of my neck ache left me about 5 am or so when I finally started to cry about having to move. I needed to cry. I put too much pressure on myself, and blamed myself for "losing" the house. I am not actually losing it yet, because we chose to sell it before we lose it. We've had dreams of moving before, but always hoped it would involve some choices and improvements, which it still might.
I can tell you this though-- it is exhausting, this giant addition to my calendar. Whereas I could kick back and watch soaps and eat bon-bons with my free time, (AS IF) now I will be taping clear tape on cardboard and finding the Sharpie.
There are lots of things we will not miss about this house. The things we will miss will not be apparent until we move. There is no turning back at this point, and that is fine.


No comments: