Sunday, October 16, 2011

Clearing my Dresser

Wow, my whole blog can be about housecleaning sometimes.
I am tired since I missed my thyroid pill 2 days in a row. I ran out and it was one of those times that you needed doc approval. I can probably get them tomorrow. Also tired from a dumb workout by a guy born after I got out of college. Muscle aches I do not mind, but he overworked my hip and I could hardly walk today. Whatever.
So, I am finally getting to my own room. The last few days have been my big fall push to purge. I cleaned out the boys' room, the hallway, the landing and generally the cubby hole and stairway. Then I closed up the sun room and finished cleaning up GJ's room. I am using that for my cookbooks now, half of which I moved out of the sun room so I can access them during the winter. I am still determined to come up with some new and healthy recipes and plan on making my kids eat their veggies like a good mom does. I also have the wee tv in there for old videos. Dustin will move the bed upstairs, we will toss the box spring and donate the frame. Desi will swap dressers when I do her room while she is at school one day. The kitchen will wait. It is nasty. The basement is dismal. We all have laundry. When will I go back to work? I have been rushing to get this completed since I really don't have time for this luxury. It really does clear my head, though, to purge so much. I gave at least three bags of books to my sister. I even purged the cookbooks. There are plenty of kids clothes waiting to be bagged and donated and the trunk is already full.
So, Gene is leading out in Ashtabula county and I am trying to sort clothing and put away the spring summer stuff and move things into GJ's closet so I have more room. Isabel gave me 4 giant bags of clothes and I have a lot to move around. NICE clothes that I really need. I took a moment to come in here and take a break. It is almost 10:30 pm. I must be nuts, but my room has been trashed for awhile. I am actually unearthing things on my dresser that have been there since I went to Maine a month ago. Just crazy. I am tired.

No comments: