Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pressure

I need peer pressure in my life. With no peers, I don't care what I wear, what my house looks like (after awhile), what I am eating. Yes, I do care to an extent, and I keep on track for the most part, but the extra information that someone is watching me, is helpful. Maybe that is why I blog. It's definitely why I am on Facebook.
I've been reading a few different books for a few years. Though I am taking my time and haven't finished a one, they have been contributing to my growth and development-- the slow pushing me out of my bad habits. One is The Creative Habit by Twila Tharp. Thanks to reading that book, I've got a space now to work in, one that actually does promote creativity and accomplishment. Another would be Overcoming Underearning, by Barbara Sanny. A third is How to Be a Grown Up, by Stacy Kaiser. Of course, the Bible is a staple.
I'm taking the time to prepare a couple entries for an art show. I've wanted to enter it for years, and am never ready. Tonight is the last chance to enter, and I have to have the stuff up there by 7-8. It's also Desi's birthday, Dakota's award night and Dustin's tennis match. I don't have a gift (though she got some earlier) or a cake yet. I figure we have to have cake after Scouts? I need a shower. I'm nervous.
I'm too picky, maybe. I was educated to have certain standards-- what kind of tape, frame, glass, etc. and am tempted to talk myself out of it because it is not perfect. But it is just an entry. Doing that much is a big deal, whether I make it or not. I need the pressure.

No comments: